musings, ramblings, observations, all blown out of proportion and mistaken for insights


Tuesday, December 29, 2009

artists that need to come out with new albums:

1. The Black Angels. 'Directions To See A Ghost' was a modern psychedelic masterpiece, an indicator that the groups potential existed beyond their debut 'Passover'. It's about time that they're due to release a new album, and while I remember reading somewhere that they're working on one I've yet to see any further evidence of this. Hopefully I'm not just fantasizing.




2. Boards of Canada. If these two ghostly figures of modern electronic wizardry release a new album I'll probably explode in excitement. While some thought their last effort 'The Campfire Headphase' was disappointing, I saw it as a sign of further sonic exploration to come. However because of their elusive nature I doubt we'll hear very little about their next effort until it finally springs into existence. Until then I'll sit tranced out in my room worshiping Egyptian death gods to Geogaddi.



3. Dead Meadow. I know these guys have been playing shows (nowhere near my own state however, motherfuckers) and blowing minds like always, but it's been quite some time since they graced the world with a new release. Pretty much every album they've released has been noteworthy and unique in it's own way, while still maintaining the sound that seperates from the typical stoner rock herd.



Well, I guess you can say I'm pretty greedy when it comes to music. At least it's something I can get excited about something that's not self destructive.

1 comment:

  1. Phosphene Dream by The Black Angels (Audio CD - Sept. 14, 2010)

    ReplyDelete

what my computer speakers are currently spewing:

Followers

About Me

My photo
i'm made of cells and I have a functioning brain