musings, ramblings, observations, all blown out of proportion and mistaken for insights


Wednesday, March 23, 2011

guilt

Standing in the hallway of your home,
in the corridor of your cave,
in the godliness of your gaze,
you leave me in a daze.

So when I bring myself to speak
and describe the state I'm in
I can bring myself think
and contemplate my sin

you've got me down on my knees
you've got me talking to god -
I ain't never been a believer before
and I ain't never seen the light

and when the light shines
I'll be sleeping through my sickness
And when my eyes have widened
I'll be staring at the darkness

I'll stagger like a drunken bum
through the labyrinths of my life
or I'll sit and still and stare and disappear
to a place devoid of fear

No comments:

Post a Comment

what my computer speakers are currently spewing:

Followers

About Me

My photo
i'm made of cells and I have a functioning brain