musings, ramblings, observations, all blown out of proportion and mistaken for insights


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Deerhunter concert!

Last night I saw Deerhunter at the Backbooth in Orlando. I don't really know what to say; i'm at loss for words really. The walls of noise and the energy of it all was overwhelming.  It was almost like a totally elevated state of consciousness. They played an equal amount of stuff from Cryptograms, Microcastle/Weird Era Continued, and even some new materal. FUCKING BRILLIANT. and fucking loud too! The band was totally stoned out of their minds too. 

The coolest part was that during the encore when they played 'Strange Lights' they let the audience rush on stage and gave them their instruments while the drummer kept on playing. It was true to the punk rock spirit of breaking down the barriers between the band and audience. 

Anyway since Deerhunter are really influenced by Swell Maps, a band that I was pretty obsessed with last year but kind forgot about (which sucks) so I decided to blast Jane From Occupied Europe today, totally disregarding the ringing in my ears. It feels like i've ever truly heard this album before, i'm not going to lie. It makes so much more sense than it did the last time I listened to it. 

So anyway if you ever get a chance to see Deerhunter, do it! just do it! Any ideas you have about all the critical acclaim they getting being mere hype will be squashed in the sea of noise. 



what a wild song!


No comments:

Post a Comment

what my computer speakers are currently spewing:

Followers

About Me

My photo
i'm made of cells and I have a functioning brain