musings, ramblings, observations, all blown out of proportion and mistaken for insights


Monday, March 2, 2009

movies that aren't bogus volume 2 - Weather Underground


This one's a documentary, and an essential documentary at that. 

Remember all that fuss about Obama and his supposed friendship with American terrorist Bill Ayers? This is the story of Ayers' organization, The Weather Underground, presented through the eyes of those involved. It lets us know exactly what kind of mindset the group had and exactly what they did without any right wing bias. 

While it does portray them in a light that might be a little too sympathetic for most right wingers it does remain fairly objective and lets the viewer make up their own mind on if their actions were justified.


Check it out!

and by the way-

my opinion is that Ayers and folk were fighting for a just cause - ending the Vietnam war. While they never actually killed anyone, I think that in some cases they were slightly too radical. However If I had to pick between fighting in Vietnam or joining the Weather Underground, i'd pick the latter. 

I also think it was despicable how the right wing treated Ayers during Obama's campaign and that they dehumanized a decent and respectable man.

There, I said it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

what my computer speakers are currently spewing:

Followers

About Me

My photo
i'm made of cells and I have a functioning brain